1. The US was losing manufacturing.
2. The DOD was losing its ability to have a sovereign domestic manufacturing bases.
3. The US mineral reserve's where going dry as we started to allow other countries to import more mineral's or to create more goods for the world. As our man power and brain drain was concentrated on proxy agents running around the boarder of Communist China acting like North Vietnamese.
4. The US citizen's where becoming very upset, and political tension was starting to become a major issue.
5. The Unemployment level in the US at that time was horrendous.
6. The US was losing its ability to develop the world via exports and contracts of US companies and citizens.
7. US domestic espionage bases where growing at a rapid pace. Where more and more of its strategies where being stolen and used against US each growing year in the full scale war.
8. The US was seeing more and more aggressive blaming of the world's economy by the Soviet's upon its heads.